Applications will be taken from May 8 to May 20, by appointment only.
Please visit our How to Apply page for more information.
Buying a home in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Northwest Harris County is a unique opportunity. We build homes every month with hardworking families and community volunteers. Upon completion, we sell our homes, with an affordable mortgage, to homebuyers that participate in our program. However, Habitat for Humanity Northwest Harris County goes beyond simply providing shelter to individuals in need. We are committed to offering education and training to equip our homeowners with the necessary skills needed to be successful in their neighborhoods.
We are currently building homes in the Spring, TX area until Spring 2018. A typical Habitat house is a modest 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home designed with affordability and sustainability in mind. Home styles, however, vary in each of our neighborhoods and the size of the home is determined by family size
Every applicant must be willing to commit to adhere to our strict partnership guidelines. Once accepted into our program, we provide mentors who meet regularly with Habitat homebuyers to guide them through the partnership process. Applicants must meet the following criteria, in addition to other criteria, to qualify for our program:
1. Have a need for adequate housing
The housing you live in now is at least one of the following
- Poorly maintained (substandard)
- In a dangerous neighborhood
- Live with family, or friends, or in a long term shelter
2. Demostrate the ability to pay for a Habitat home
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- You must have an acceptable credit history and score above 550.
- You must fall within 40%-60% of the Harris County low income guidelines for a family of your size.
- Currently the minimum income/year requirement is $19,400 for a family of 1. Please refer to our income chart below for more information.
3. Be willing to partner
- You are willing to complete 200 hours of sweat equity, where you work on your own home and your neighbor’s homes
|Household Size||Minimum - Maximum income|
|1 person||$19,400 - $29,100|
|2 people||$22,200 - $33,300|
|3 people||$24,920 - $37,380|
|4 people||$27,680 - $41,520|
|5 people||$29,920 - $44,880|
|6 people||$32,120 - $48,180|
|7 people||$34,360 - $51,540|
|8 people||$36,560 - $54,840|
Do you have questions about homeownership with Habitat for Humanity Northwest Harris County? Contact our family services department at 281-477-0460 or email Niza Montero at email@example.com.