Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Northwest Harris County is an excellent way to meet new people and work toward a single mission- to build strong and stable communities because improved communities benefit all of us.
All volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Information and Waiver form prior to volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Northwest Harris County. Waivers are to be updated and turned in annually.
Office volunteers are always needed to help the staff to complete our mission. Volunteers assist us with day to day clerical duties, such as answering phones and making calls, data entry, graphic design, research, specialized projects and much more!
Volunteer opportunities are available at our office; located at 13350 Jones Road Houston, TX 77070 Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm. Volunteer shifts can be flexible to fit your schedule.
We partner with volunteers, donors and communities to help repair existing homes for homeowners in need. Projects include painting, external repair work, building or repairing porches/ramps, landscaping, neighborhood clean-up, beautification, and many more tasks.
Home Repair Opportunities: Click Here
Home Repair volunteers are needed during weekdays. For more information, please contact Jared Walton at email@example.com
The dedicated volunteers and the families who are working on their homes enjoy a meal together every single Saturday on the Habitat build site. As volunteers and families work together and eat together, community grows, neighbors are engaged in the lives of others, and volunteers are given lunch as meaningful thank you for their work.
- These lunches can only be provided through the helpful contributions of churches, community groups and community-minded businesses.
- Lunch providers purchase, prepare and serve volunteers.
- The food must be prepared ahead of time and enough for all volunteers and red hats. (This number will be provided when you sign up and confirmed 2 weeks before the date)
- Lunch providers must arrive at 11:30 to set up and are welcome to join us for our meal.
New Home Construction
- There are opportunities for all skill levels and abilities at our build site, so prior building experience is not required for volunteers.
- We encourage both groups and individual volunteers to join us.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older and all volunteers under 18 must have an adult present during their volunteer shift.
- A ratio of 1 adult to every 5 youth is enforced.
We are currently not building during the month of August.
- Individuals will need to register for their selected volunteer date(s)
- September Opportunities
- A group is 5 or more people.
- All groups are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, with sponsor teams receiving priority scheduling.
- To provide your group with a quality and safe volunteer experience, we limit the number of volunteers to 30 per group.
We have new homes under construction Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Our work schedule is 8:00 am- 3:00 pm most of the year and 8:00 am- 12:00 pm for the month of July. We do not work the month of August and most major holidays. We are currently building in Tomball, Texas.
We build rain or shine. In cases of inclement weather, please call our Volunteer Weather Line at (281) 653-8988 to confirm we will be building as scheduled.
Habitat NWHC's ReStore is a resale outlet for good, usable building materials which are sold to the general public at deep discounts. The primary goals of the Re-Store are to provide an additional source of funds to build more Habitat homes and to recycle usable building materials, thereby diverting these from area landfills. When you volunteer with the ReStore, you are helping to fund new houses for our families in need. We hope you join us soon!
- Volunteer must be at least 14 years of age
- All volunteers under 18 must have an adult present during their volunteer shifts
- First time volunteers are required to attend a ReStore orientation before they begin volunteering
- Wear clothing that you don't mind getting dirty and closed toed shoes
ReStore volunteers opportunities are available at the Restore; located at 13350 Jones Road Houston, TX 77070 Tuesday through Saturday 9am to 5pm. Please contact Jared Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering at the ReStore!
If you would like more information about volunteering, please contact Jared Walton
Email - email@example.com
Phone - (281) 477-0460