Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Northwest Harris County is an excellent way to meet new people and work toward a single mission- to build strong and stable communities because improved communities benefit all of us. All volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Information and Waiver form prior to volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Northwest Harris County. Waivers are to be updated and turned in annually.
For questions and/or scheduling, please contact:
Lara Gunduz | (281) 477-0460 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Office volunteers are always needed to help the staff to complete our mission. Volunteers assist us with day to day clerical duties, such as answering phones and making calls, data entry, graphic design, research, specialized projects and much more!
Volunteer opportunities are available at our office Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
We partner with volunteers, donors and communities to help repair existing homes for homeowners in need. Projects include painting, external repair work, building or repairing porches/ramps, landscaping, neighborhood clean-up, beautification, and many more tasks. Home Repair volunteers are needed on weekdays.
Home Repair Opportunities: Click Here
With the help of lunch donations, the dedicated volunteers and families who are working on their homes enjoy a meal together every single Saturday on the Habitat build site.
- Lunch providers purchase, prepare and serve volunteers.
- The location, headcount and other details will be provided after signing up.
- Lunch providers must arrive at 11:30 to set up and are welcome to join us for our meal.
New Home Construction
Join us as we build homes for families in need in our community. There are opportunities for all skill levels and abilities at our build site, so prior building experience is not required for volunteers.
- There are opportunities on Thursday and Saturday from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM*
- Supervision, training, water, construction materials, and lunch provided.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older and all volunteers under 18 must have an adult present during their volunteer shift
- A ratio of 1 adult to every 5 youth is enforced.
Individuals may sign up here:
We also welcome groups! Please read below for more information on volunteering as a group.
- A group is 5 or more people
- All groups are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis with Sponsors and Donors receiving priority scheduling.
- To provide your group with a quality and safe experience, we limit the number of groups to 30 people.
- To schedule a volunteer day for your group, please contact Lara Gunduz at email@example.com.
*We do not build in August, December and most major holidays. Due to the heat in July, we build from 8AM - 12PM and lunch is not provided.
We build rain or shine. In cases of inclement weather, please call our Volunteer Weather Line at (281) 653-8988 to confirm we will be building as scheduled.