Home Preservation Program
The Home Preservation Program helps low-income homeowners in the Northwest Harris County service area to restore and maintain their homes. Habitat partners with homeowners to alleviate critical health and safety issues and complete needed home improvement projects.
Our Home Preservation Program focuses on minor exterior and interior repairs such as:
- Landscaping and Drainage
- Minor Accessibility Accommodations (Ramps, Door Handles, Grab Bars, etc.)
Criteria for Selection and Application
Home must be owner-occupied in Northwest Harris County and titled in the owner’s name. Homeowners must be current on mortgage payments and property taxes, and the home must be insured or able to be insured after the work is complete. Unfortunately, we are not able to work on mobile homes, or homes under contract for deed or rent to own. Household income must be under income guidelines.
***To qualify for assistance from the Home Preservation Program, the household income must not exceed 60% of the median income: ***
|Number of People in Household||Maximum Income Limits|
- Applicant(s) must sign all required documents within 30 Calendar days after Application Fee.
- Agree to 14 hours of sweat equity as follows: 5 hours of classes, 7 hours helping neighbors on their project and 2 hours greeting volunteers.
- Cooperate in allowing Habitat and it’s agents access to your property
- Copy of complete 2020 & 2021 (if filed) income tax form
- Copy of 3 months pay check stubs and/or pension check stubs
- Copy of current award letters for disability, SSI, or Social Security payments
- If child support is claimed as part of the income, copy of proof from the Attorney General's Office of payment for 1 year
- Copy of current insurance policy and flood insurance (if applicable)
- Copy of proof mortgage is current. If paid off copy of deed or tax receipt showing ownership
- $25 non-refundable application fee (Credit card or money order only)
How To Apply
- Download our application.
- Complete the application.
- Email your application to Valorie Hunter or Jarvas Hodge.
- Pay your $25.00 application fee shortly after submission.
- Ensure that all required documents are signed and submitted within 30 days of submission.
- Please allow up to 5 - 7 business day to review your application.
***Any applications submitted without having paid the application fee will not be reviewed.***
***If you would like to drop off your application or payment at our office you must schedule an appointment with our Homeowner Services Department. Please call us at 281-477-0460 to schedule your appointment today. ***